logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap can't handle multiple <bounds> elements generated by JOSM

From Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com on Sun Jul 5 12:42:03 BST 2009

I was generating a map of Potsdam with mkgmap from an .osm file which
I had produced by making multiple API requests in JOSM as no extract
was available (and XAPI is down).

This resulted in a JOSM .osm file with multiple bounds elements.
mkgmap couldn't handle this and clipped the map to one of them
(presumably the first one) so my generated map showed only a part of
the area I had data for.

Maybe multiple <bounds> elements are invalid, or maybe mkgmap should
handle them. I can't find it on the wiki so you guys figure it out:)

For reference I'm attaching the changes I made to my .osm file to make
it work, which consisted of removing all the <bounds> elements.