logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap style precedence problem reported on OSM forum

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Jul 5 12:06:13 BST 2009

On the OSM forum, we get:

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=3879

The report says:

> when a border overlapes a street, the street is broken. The street is not
> recognized for routing. This happens in MapSource and on the Oregon 200 device.

This must be because in the style file, these lines are at the top:

aeroway=runway [0x27 resolution 20]
boundary=administrative [0x1c resolution 18]
boundary=national [0x1e resolution 17]
boundary=political [0x1c resolution 17]

and so the way, which is tagged as both a road and a boundary, has
garmin code 0x1c (not a road code).

Personally, I think the highway tag should take precedence over the
boundary tag and these lines should be moved below the highway stuff.

Whaddyathink?

Cheers,

Mark