logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ASTER elevation data

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Tue Jun 30 23:12:06 BST 2009

Hi Christian,

Am 30.06.2009 um 23:33 schrieb Christian Gawron:

> I already wrote a class to read SRTM data directly with mkgmap, i.e.
> without having to create the contours as separate (huge) files.

This is very much encouraged. For the contour lines the computing
times may be that long that it makes sense to have separate files (I'm
doing contour lines for Germany in octave and it takes about half a
week - and the contour function in octave is programmed native, not in
octave script itself).

What this is also good for is to calculate the inclination of roads,
which in turn would be very nice to have for bicycle routing. So as
soon as you have something working I'd like to have a look at it.

Regards
Thilo