logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Transliteration and lower-case

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Jun 28 17:21:24 BST 2009

Hi Ivan

>    I downloaded fresh r1067. Unpacked it new directory, cleaned up mapsource
>    registry, etc.. added attached files (reg, cmd file renamed to .txt and
>    xml file to fetch OSM data) and I still get lower case letters in
>    resulting .img file

I ran the commands in your script to download the file and generate the
maps.

I see lowercase characters in MapSource for the -INT map.  But only when
viewed in MapSource, the names inside the file are only in uppercase and
are shown in upper case in other programs such as QLandkarte.

The code-page 1251 one I see uppercase letters in MapSource.

Sorry if this is what you meant all along.  That is the way that MapSource
works and as far as I know there is nothing much that can be done about it.
If anyone knows a way, then let me know.

Regards,

..Steve