logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FW: --TDB option for ways only map doesn't show up in 6324000.img

From Hilton Long seldom.seen at verizon.net on Sat Jun 27 20:45:50 BST 2009

I am attempting to create a routable, transparent map of footpaths to
overlay on a separately drawn transparent contour map which shows
hydrography and land cover.  Those two maps would lie on top of a
proprietary road map.

The Windows batch file I use to call the compiler follows:

java.exe -Xmx512M -enableassertions -jar "c:\program
files\mkgmap\mkgmap.jar" --route --net --transparent --product-id=53
--mapname=07250732 laurels8.mp

pause

To generate the TDB file I then run:

java.exe -Xmx512M -enableassertions -jar "c:\program
files\mkgmap\mkgmap.jar" --max-jobs=4 --tdbfile --product-id=53
07250733.img 07250732.img

pause

My problem is that if laurels8.mp contains a full set of contours,
hydrography and land cover my 6324000.img file shows a corresponding
07250732 quadrangle, but if laurels8.mp consists only of ways, there is no
quadrangle for 07250732.  Therefore, while I can see the ways in MapSource,
I can't use MapSource to select the ways only maps to combine with my other
maps.

I get the same result if I compile laurels8.osm directly from a JOSM file.

If this isn't the right forum for this question, I'd appreciate a link to
the right one.

Thanks in advance.

Hilton