logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Transliteration and lower-case

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Tue Jun 23 23:56:14 BST 2009

Hi

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:19:28AM +0200, Ivan Kostoski wrote:
>    I am having problems getting transliteration and having uppercase letters
>    at the same time.

>    With no options (i.e. no --code-page), transliteration works but resulting
>    map is in lowercase letters. This works in MapSource but I get only the
>    upper-case letters as abbreviated street names/poi in Garmin Mobile XT.

The only translitterations currently in mkgmap are from unicode to ascii.
It is possible to target other code-pages if it makes sense and you
can supply me with the transliteration table.

I'm not sure how you get lowercase letters.  Mapsource shows upper-case
letters in lowercase, but they are always upper case in the map itself.

What version are you using?  There was a problem with an older version
where you only saw the first letter of each word on certain devices.

..Steve