logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1067: Disable line cleaning filters for overview map

From svn commit svn at mkgmap.org.uk on Wed Jun 17 20:56:33 BST 2009

Version 1067 was commited by elrond on 2009-06-17 20:56:33 +0100 (Wed, 17 Jun 2009)

Disable line cleaning filters for overview map

Our current overview map contains one polygon for each map,
that is part of the map set. This polygon is a rectangle,
which is explicitly generated from the boundaries of the
corresponding map.

Sometimes, for very small maps, the polygon can get dropped
by the SizeFilter or get distorted by the
DouglasPeuckerFilter. So we disable those cleaning filters
for the overview map for now.

Notes:

1) The distortion by the DouglasPeuckerFilter might be a
   bug in that filter. Current discussion topic.
2) To be future safe, we should replace this global
   disabling by a per polygon disabling.

As discussed on the ML.

See: http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q2/002385.html