logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map: tiny patch/review series

From Elrond elrond+openstreetmap.org at samba-tng.org on Mon Jun 15 21:43:14 BST 2009

Hi developers,

Probably many have already noticed, that the overview map
(used to contain the polygons for selecting tiles in
mapsource) isn't perfect.
Often the polygons are much too large, or sometimes too
small. They also feel like having a bias (at least for me).

I have tried to fix this. And I think I was successful.

After a short talk on irc we concluded: Instead of just
commiting stuff, I will post patches here on the ML for
review. So that people can give comments before I commit
them.

This is for mainly two reasons:
1) Some thoughts are not too simple, and I want to make
   sure, everyone understands them and at the same time,
   that they're right.
2) Some parts change some internals drastically and I feel,
   I might have overlooked something in this cause.

Elrond