logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] change/include the --find-highway-pois to create POIs based on attributes

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Jun 5 21:25:55 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> Would it be difficult as a feature request to change the --find highway
> pois code, that it becomes possible to display POI based on for example
> bicycle=no?
> That would be a great feature if you couple it with a POI type that is
> not searchable. Of course more icons based on rules should be possible.
> (I would like bicycle=no only to be displayed on road types: xxx, yyy, zzz).

Not completely sure what you're asking for here. Do you want the RNP
garmin type to be influenced by some tag match? If so, I guess a
possible way forward would be to introduce a tag that specifies on a
per-way basis what the RNP type would be.

For example, you could have a tag mkgmap:rnpgtype that, if set, would
specify the type to be used for the RNP for that way. You could then
have style rules that would add that tag as desired.

Is that useful?

Cheers,

Mark