logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --make opposite cycleways not working consistently.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Jun 5 11:10:22 BST 2009

For me there are several problems with this option.

1. I think if roads are running on top of each other, there is no clear
rule which one is chosen by tags. There must be some rule because it
will work consistently for some routes, and will not work consistently
for others, even though they are tagged 100% identical (or only name is
different).

2. Problem which happens in 80% of all working streets can be seen below:

Opposite_lane - Route Distance 111m. = Worked correctly

Same Place but starting in the middle of the Road. Route Distance 120m.
Not Working.

3. On my maps on about 25% of all roads it does not work at all!
Anyone else having similar problems?

To help identify oneway cyclways change your style-file to this or
change type completly, so you are sure not to miss any "opposite" ways
(adapt of course to your type):

cycleway=opposite_lane                        { name 'opposite_lane'
}    [0x03 road_class=1 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
cycleway=opposite_track                        { name 'opposite_track'
}    [0x03 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]
cycleway=opposite                            { name 'opposite' }
[0x03 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
cycleway=lane                                { name 'lane' }    [0x03
road_class=2 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
cycleway=track                                { name 'track' }    [0x03
road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]