logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1059: New approach to the too many nodes in region problem - carry on regardless.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jun 4 19:00:22 BST 2009

Hi Clinton,

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:
> >
> > Let's see how this does - I have tried it out on 63660006.osm and the
> > resulting map loads into mapsource OK and is generally fine.
>
> I have also tested this, and it worked fine (with the exception of the
> broken routing in the damaged area, but that is to be expected).
>
> Thanks very much for this fix!

Well, as we know, it's a hack but if it allows the map to build and be
mostly usable, it's a worthwhile hack.

> I also apologise, because I thought that r1054 introduced the
> "croaking" feature. But if I now understand it correctly, the commit
> simply made the croaking more elegant. Previously mkgmap would "spew"
> error messages and then croak.

No need to apologise, I understood your unhappiness with how it was.
But yes, it would have bombed anyway, I just made it a little more
useful by reporting the bbox and then exiting without spewing out more
garbage.

Cheers,

Mark