logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem routing over very short roads

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jun 4 11:54:29 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> Do you see any solution to this problem?

Sorry, I don't have a plan at this time.

> I think if a way is shorter than 3.4m we get the problem. I don't think
> it is because of the duplicate ways.

It's more subtle than that because I could make a small map (just a few
100ms height and width) that included that way and mapsource was quite
happy with it but when I processed your big file, it didn't like it - so
either the problem is related to the density of stuff around or the
size of the area being processed or something...

> Could we maybe have a filter that joins such tiny roads to the ones it
> is connected too?

Well, if it becomes zero length that will happen anyway because that's
what the new remove-short-arcs option does. What I could do is extend
that code to allow the min distance to be specified so you could say
--remove-short-arcs=3.5 and it would zap all arcs under than length but
without the distance, i.e. just --remove-short-arcs would only zap zero
length arcs. I will produce a patch to do that, should be quick to do.

Cheers,

Mark