logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem routing over very short roads

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Jun 4 09:13:18 BST 2009

1. See here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=48.084294&lon=16.296498&zoom=18

Have a look at the street running paralell to the railwaylines (name
Thomas-Tamussino-Straße, ref B11).
Mappers have nicely and correctly entered the bridge. The section after
the bridge is only about 3m long, because after the next intersection
the street name changes.

On compiling, these 3m get dropped and are missing. What's even worse,
because the section is so short, Any autorouting wanting to go over that
place, crashes in Mapsource (at least it does not crash Mapsource
however, only route calculation stops with error).
Here is a small screenshot of how it looks like on 20m zoom in Mapsource:

I'm more than sure that there are several other places were we face the
same problem, which at first look seem like mappers made mistake and did
not connect road, but in reality it's one of those road segments shorter
than 3.4m getting dropped.