logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1054: When subdivision fails to reduce number of nodes, report bbox and croak.

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Jun 3 16:17:55 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 03:12:59PM +0100, Mark Burton wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> > a) has something in mkgmap changed
>
> No, it has always (well at least as far as I have been involved with
> it!) been capable of failing in this way.
>
> > b) is there some tool out that destructs osm data by mistake?
>
> Or is there some dumb mapper who generated the same ways 50 times?

Tool or fool, isn't it the same thing? :-)

Joking aside, finland.osm.bz2 compiled just fine with mkgmap -r1057
--max-jobs.  While it was doing the job, I was editing a ride, removing
orphaned points and merging a duplicated point.  It's great that mkgmap
can work around some forms of brokenness.

	Marko