logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1057: Add --max-jobs option to request concurrent processing of maps.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Jun 3 10:54:14 BST 2009

Hi Lambertus,

> Specifying or specifically not specifying? I'm confused: What should be
> done to get one thread on a single core machine, or two threads on a
> dual core?

Use --max-jobs.

To summarise:

If --max-jobs is not specified, you get 1 thread no matter how many
cores you have.

If --max-jobs is specified, you get as many threads as you have cores.

If --max-jobs=N is specified, you get N threads.

The help blurb says this in another way.

Cheers,

Mark