logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing & rendering penalty with smaller tiles in splitter

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Wed Jun 3 07:04:56 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm attempting to split the Philippines into smaller tiles using
splitter.  This is to make rendering faster.
Currently I've tested with the following:

--max-nodes=800000
--max-nodes=400000
--max-nodes=200000

On my tests with mapsource and roadtrip, no routing and rendering
problems so far.  What do others experience when making smaller tiles?
 What is the "optimum" tile size for very dense data areas with
minimal penalty for routing and rendering?

--
cheers,
maning