logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap error with austria.osm.bz2 of June 1 (all other contry extracts by gefabrik for Europe compiled except for Austria)

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Tue Jun 2 08:30:14 BST 2009

Thilo Hannemann wrote:

> I tried to do so, but the small file was processed without error :(. The
> big one is available at a website though
> (http://osm.arndnet.de/problem.osm.zip). The problem to reproduce that
> error is that it occurs for me only if I merge contourlines that I
> generated on my own

I suggest you create a separate overlay map with contours only and an second
map with OSM data only. The SRTM map gets --transparent but no --route, the
OSM map the other way round. This way you have to process the SRTM data only
once. SRTM data don't change so there's no need for an update. If you update
the OSM map you can easily merge the existing SRTM map into the gmapsupp.img.