logo separator

R: [mkgmap-dev] Maps not for Cars and sharp-turns, U-Turns

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Fri May 29 13:15:00 BST 2009

I think these penalties are in general usefull for routing optimization.
On an normal 90° crossing they will be 30 sec on a 50 km/h street, which
seems quite reasonable for me for car routing. This helps the routing
algorithm to prefer straight lines without a lot of street changes.

I'm astonished by the values.
357 sec are 6 minutes!

I have tried to interpret your values and observations:
Seems to me, that the penalty gets calculated by a formula similar to
((180°/x)-1)*3.3*roadSpeed.

So these values are extreme values because of the extreme situation. An
15° corner on an highway is really not usual...
(and I think it would need 6 minutes to sort out the traffic :-)

Regards,
Johann