logo separator

R: [mkgmap-dev] Maps not for Cars and sharp-turns, U-Turns

From Marco Certelli marco_certelli at yahoo.it on Fri May 29 00:03:19 BST 2009

Made some test.

during fastest route serching, garmin gives a time penalty to turns. time penalty seems propotional to road speed so I think it just calculates a speed reduction due to turn and then a linear increase of speed up to the road speed.

for a steep 15° turn I got 357 second penalty on a motorway (road_speed=6 i.e 108km/h) and 237 second penalty on a primary (road_speed=4 i.e. 72km/h)

as the angle widens, the penalty is reduced (at 45° is about 1/3 the above values, at 90° about 1/8)

Ciao, Marco.