logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing tests without Garmin device? Garmin emulator for PC?

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue May 26 17:51:49 BST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:41 PM,  <gypakk at gmx.eu> wrote:
> Is there a way to test the routing at home? Garmin offers a software called "Garmin mobile PC" which should be able to do the routing based on Garmin map files. Is there a freeware alternative?

If you use Windows or Mac OS, you can use Garmin's Mapsource or
Roadtrip. I have found that this is a reasonable test of routing, but
does not always match what happens on the GPS.

I am not aware of an alternative for Linux; Qlandkarte does not support routing.

Cheers.