logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] (almost) duplicated node issue

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue May 26 08:17:33 BST 2009

I may be wrong here, but I don't believe there is a problem with 2
nodes being close together unless they are connected by a single arc.

If I am correct, then we "only" have to worry about making sure that we
don't end up with any arcs that are too short.

As I mentioned previously, we can carry out an early pass on the data
and merge nodes to remove short arcs but that still doesn't help when
the ways are subsequently clipped as the clipping creates new
nodes which could create new short arcs. It's true that this
is quite unlikely to happen so it's probably a good idea to fix up the
bulk of the map and then think about some way around the latter issue.

Perhaps it would be better if we did the clipping earlier but that
would require a big rewrite so I am not keen to go down that route (ho
ho)

Cheers,

Mark