logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bicycle routing, cycleway=opposite

From gypakk at gmx.eu gypakk at gmx.eu on Mon May 25 21:12:00 BST 2009

Thanks to you all for the ideas!

Now I see that a lot can be achieved by editing the style file. A lot good things, and a lot nonsense as well. ;-)
The default style adds a "foot=yes" for cycleways, which should not be assumed as a default permission, imho. But I'm not sure about this.

Bicycle routing against one-ways
--------------------------------

As far as I understand the style rules, I could add this one:
bicycle=opposite { set oneway=no }

Some other rules should be established too:
bicycle=opposite_lane { set oneway=no }
bicycle=opposite_track { set oneway=no }

Having generated a map with this rules, it will be of no use for motor vehicles, of course. But as my only goal is to optimize a map for bicycles, that would be no problem so far.
In the long run, this feature should be adapted so that the user can select at the GPS device whether bicycle routing or motorcar routing is to be used.

Road preferences

There is a key "road_speed" in the style file. I assume that this is meant to be a means for road preferences.
What speed values are associated with this speed classes? E.g., is road_speed=4 twice as fast as road_speed=2? I ask this because I want to give cycleways a slight preference against other roads, and this preference should really be "slight".

Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------