logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bicycle routing, cycleway=opposite

From gypakk at gmx.eu gypakk at gmx.eu on Mon May 25 16:47:11 BST 2009

Hi - I'm new on this mailing list an try to understand what's going on... :-)

One observation regarding bicycle routing:
The tag combination

oneway=yes
cycleway=opposite_lane

seems not to work correctly. I.e., routing suggests a detour because it does not consider that you could use the one-way street in opposite direction.

This applies to the tags "cycleway=opposite_track" and "cycleway=opposite" as well.

Is there a solution for this problem? Is, in this case, Garmin routing software able to distinguish between car routing and bicycle routing at all?

Hope you can help... because there's a great number of one-way streets in my city, which may be used by bike in opposite direction.

Regards,
Markus