logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Precision circle

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Sun May 24 22:53:23 BST 2009

Hi!

> I assume this is the precision, where the recalculation started in the
> maps generated with older mkgmap versions. So I assume there is some
> setting in the gmapsupp.img which sets the 'precision' of the map data.
> The higher value from map precision and actual precision gets displayed
> at the circle.

The discussion over at the GPS forum points towards a setting inside the
map, too. It seems mkgmap marks the maps as terribly inaccurate so the
maximum precision is an inaccuracy of 260m.

Does anybody know what setting is responsible for this precision
idication and how to change it to a more accurate setting?

bye
	Nop