logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] duplicated node issue

From Marco Certelli marco_certelli at yahoo.it on Sat May 23 19:21:18 BST 2009

Hi,

while I'm experimenting the new "fantastic" --ignore-maxspeeds option, I think I've found a bug.

The problem is a (rare) crash of the mapsource routing engine (actually it stops with an error: MPL_CALCROUTE.CPP error 1) when (I think) a duplicated node in the OSM data is encounterd by the route searching function.

The problem appears with a map of Italy I compiled with my style and it does not appear using the default style. It appears using both the 1038 and the 1040 mkgmap versions.

Well, it might be my style, but I really don't understand the relationship between the style and the error.

I've attached the style causing the issue, if you want to make some test. I'm continuing analysis: I'm trying to understand wich style row highlights the problem.

Ciao, Marco.