logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What about a Address Index?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed May 20 23:23:17 BST 2009

Hi Marco,

> I'm new on the mailinglist, and I'm interested in doing some development
> work,
> as far as I have enough time for doing. I'm personally missing a address
> index which allows do
> search for addresses directly and not via a workaround with different
> styles and maplayers.
> So is there anybody who has an overview how such a index is generated or
> is there a binary structure available?
> Or is there already somebody working on it?

Welcome to the list.

I have done some work on implementing searching for roads. It kinda
works but it is far from ideal. I believe that to make it work as it
should we need to generate further index information but, unfortunately,
nobody knows the format of that info. Anyone who can make progress down
that road will be a true hero!

Cheers,

Mark