logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Greetings from Bratislava

From Jani Patanen sqzwxa202 at sneakemail.com on Wed May 20 20:26:46 BST 2009

Hi.

I know that pedestrian routing with garmin is not high priority, but
just in case..
Visiting Bratislava I noticed some wierd route suggestions walking
trough old town. The main reason seems to be that there are plazas,
which are not routed trough as it's area without any road continuing trough.
Have a look at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.14347&lon=17.10748&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF
and for example "Hlavne Nametie" (the plaza at the middle). No
pedestrian routing trough that as on garmin there is no road.

In OSM data, it's tagged as
area=yes
highway=pedestrian
restriction=foot  (Bad tag?)

Perhaps a change where the area is still drawn as area, but the roads
would be drawn too?