logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Entry in style file leads to infinite loop

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Mon May 18 22:13:27 BST 2009

>> Hello,
>>
>> when I instert the following line into the style file, then mkgmap
>> hangs with 100% cpu load after reading in some osm data.

Ok, I've tracked down the bug. I've detected it, but dont know any
solution. Maybe the original writer of the code should have a look into it.

The infinite loop occurs in uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.Tags.java
in function keyPos(string)

In my case the values are
h=1085814376
k=0
capacity=8
key=reg_ref
(The key is NOT contained in the tag list)

With this values the loop will never be finished, as the value i will
never become zero. (The test expression gets executed after the i++!)

Also I think there is another failure in it, as only 7 positions gets
tested, the eight one with i=k gets never executed.

I think it needs only a small change, but I dont see what to change.

Hope someone has a better idea.

Regards,
Johann