logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: bad file format error

From frmas frmas at free.fr on Mon May 18 19:18:17 BST 2009

Andre Hinrichs a écrit :
Hi,

> I just downloaded it and got the same error here!
> So, it's not your box...

Thank you Andre

> Sending it through xmllint you get the following error:
>
> $ xmllint paris.osm
> paris.osm:2539: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
> '212612912' lat='48.8643095' lon='2.4127779' user='Charlie Echo' xapi:users='jos
>                                                                                ^
>
> There seem to be many of those...

Yeap and if you take a larger area, you will get dozen and dozen of
those. So now the question : how do we deal with that? This makes mkgmap
to reject the whole file in such situation. As this "José" has mapped
different parts of Paris, now, it's impossible to compile Paris itself
and its suburbs :-) . Francois