logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: bad file format error

From frmas frmas at free.fr on Sun May 17 21:10:58 BST 2009

Toby Speight a écrit :
> That's the problem: E9 2C isn't a valid UTF-8 sequence - it looks like
> that part has been encoded as Latin-1.  The later sequence C3 A9 is
> okay: a valid UTF-8 2-byte sequence.
>
> So mkgmap is right to reject the file; now the question is, how did that
> malformed sequence get in there in the first place?  Could your script
> have written it, or has it come from (say) the planet.osm file (or a
> subset cut from it)?

I checked in the file, and there are many occurances of that "josé", but
"josé", is the only malformed sequence of the whole file. I downloaded
11 files from informationfreeway.org. This is the only problem (that é)
I got from more than 400 megabytes of datas.
This is the part of the script that grab the datas for that Paris area:
curl -L
"http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=2.110,48.736,2.540,48.995"
-o cartes/paris.osm

Francois