logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible BUG: Array index out of bounds in RestrictionRelation.java

From Thorsten the.real.hik at gmx.net on Mon May 4 10:56:53 BST 2009

Hi.

I have generated a Garmin map from an OSM file of europe. At first, I split the
map using

splitter --mapid=19051979 --max-nodes=500000 ../geofabrik/europe.osm.gz

(max-nodes is small as I got heap problems before with my 2GB system)

Then I did:

mkgmap --style-file=~/navi/maps/mkgmap.style/ --net --route --code-page=1252
--country-abbr="EU" --tdbfile --overview-mapname=22051979 --family-name="EU"
--family-id=21 --series-name="EU" --tdb-v4 ../1905*.osm.gz

However, in my first try mkgmap complained about "Array Index Out Of Bound" (I
forgot to copy the exact error message). The problem was in
RestrictionRelation.java.

I did some modifications (patch attached) and mkgmap successfully generated
images. Note, I am not a java programmer and I have not really an idea about the
"impact" of my patch. It is more or less a workaround. However, I hope someone
knows why this happens (empty way?) and can properly fix it.

Btw: In a third run I generated gmapsupp.img which works on my Oregon and I can
successfully route from Germany to Italy :)

--
Thorsten