logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] road_speed inside cities

From Christoph Wagner freemaps.osm at googlemail.com on Wed Apr 29 18:40:20 BST 2009

Torsten Leistikow schrieb:

> In my opinion the correct solution would be to incorporate the maxspeed
> tags into the styles. My personal line-style looks like:
>
> highway=primary & maxspeed>=50 [0x03 road_class=3 road_speed=2
> resolution 18]
>
> highway=primary & maxspeed<=70 [0x03 road_class=3 road_speed=3
> resolution 18]
>
> highway=primary [0x03 road_class=3 road_speed=5 resolution 18]

Sounds like a good idea - thanks for this. But what does mkgmap do, if
the value of maxspeed is not a number but a text like "none"?

Does it match for example the rule:
highway=primary & maxspeed<100 [0x03 road_class=3 road_speed=2
resolution 18]
or not?

By the way. I don't understand really how the two params "road_class"
and "road_speed" influence the routing.
When the road_speed value is used to compute the fastest route why do I
need a road_class? I searched in the web but couldn't find a good answer.
Which value is of interest while choosing the vehicle type for routing?

Hope somebody can help me. I would update the wiki with every
information that is usefull.

Thanks.
Christoph