logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Bug on StreetPilot c510

From Andre Hinrichs andre.hinrichs at gmx.de on Sat Apr 18 09:18:22 BST 2009

On Samstag 18 April 2009, Wolfgang v. Hansen wrote:
> There's some weird behaviour that never happened with City Navigator but
> sometimes occurs with mkgmap generated maps. While calculating the route
> the progress counter goes up to 100% as normal but stays there
> indefinitely (i.e. more than five minutes). Since one can not abort route
> calculation on the c510 via some stop button, I have to disable the OSM
> map, turn the unit off, press the reset button (sic!) and turn it back on.

I had a similar problem with my Garmin etrex Legend HCx. Routing calculation
doesnt't stop. But here there is an Abort-Button but nothing happens when
clicking it. I can not do anything afterwards. Even worse the route
calculation starts immediately after a restart. So I had to remove the memory
card to get the Garmin out of this loop. Unfortunately the Garmin didn't like
that much and did a complete reset - I had to do all configurations again and
all tracks/waypoint were lost :-(

I avoided using the routing afterwards. Just wanted to give it a try today
using different versions of mkgmap. I hope to find a version which does not
create this infinite loops to give a hint when this bug was introduced...

Regards
Andre