logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Bug on StreetPilot c510

From Wolfgang v. Hansen wvhansen at fom.fgan.de on Sat Apr 18 08:44:40 BST 2009

There's some weird behaviour that never happened with City Navigator but
sometimes occurs with mkgmap generated maps. While calculating the route
the progress counter goes up to 100% as normal but stays there
indefinitely (i.e. more than five minutes). Since one can not abort route
calculation on the c510 via some stop button, I have to disable the OSM
map, turn the unit off, press the reset button (sic!) and turn it back on.

The reason is not obvious. Today, I wanted to go to an address that I have
previously entered in City Navigator. Due to mapping errors the position
was just beside the street in OSM and route calculation did not finish in
the manner explained above. I then picked from the map the adjacent
position on the street and everything went fine!?!

-Wolfgang

PS: The OSM maps are the recent ones from Lambertus.