logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Newbie question about style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Apr 17 21:11:45 BST 2009

Hi Luca,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 06:33:02PM +0200, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi, i'm so newbie about mkgmap, i used it only for convert .osm to
> .img , butt now i would change the style of the .img, i read the
> documentation but i have 2 questions:
> - The resolution in .csv file and the point/lines/polygon file bust be equal?

I'm also a relative newbie.  I understood that mkgmap used to pick the
style from a .csv file in the past.  The point/lines/polygon files are
what matters now, as far as I can tell.

> - Where can i see the symbols of the garmin code? how can i know what
> is this 0x2d02 (i think this is a pub)?

point|0x10|0x2d|0x02|entertainment|bar-nightclub|Bar

in http://svn.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap/trunk/resources/garmin_feature_list.csv
but you could override that in a custom TYP file, as far as I understand.

On a related note, I'd like to see these patches to the default style
committed:

http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q2/001561.html
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q2/001702.html

Also, I'd appreciate it if the route recalculation sensitivity patch
(writing 0x110301 to the TRE header instead of 0xd0401) were applied.
As far as I understood the feedback, mkgmap would not be "more broken"
after the patch than before.  While I would like to be able to tune the
sensitivity, I think that over-sensitive is better than the insensitive
behaviour before the patch.  My Garmin map of Finland
<http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/> now uses the patch.

	Marko