logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] GPS V?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Apr 16 14:51:19 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 01:33:37PM +0200, Lambertus wrote:
>> Separately, I will have to tweak the style file because footpaths are
>> only being rendered at extreme zoom levels (80m I think) when they would
>> make sense at 300m:
>>
>>   http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.42369&lon=-71.49033&zoom=15&layers=0B00FTF
>>
> I hope to be able to add an option to select different TYP files to the
> website soon.

Can the zoom levels be controlled by replacing the TYP file only,
without having to recompile the whole map in mkgmap?  If so, then
mkgmap must be embedding a TYP file.  Where does that default TYP
file (or template) come from?  I'm sorry if this is a FAQ.

>> The problem is that some kinds of items need to be rendered even at
>> smaller map scales if there aren't other items around.  These particular
>> footpaths are as important as minor roads relative to their
>> surroundings.
>>
> This doesn't sound like it's simple to implement to me...

Some way attributes would be needed to mark up such important footpaths.

	Marko