logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] some comments on mkgmap default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Apr 16 11:27:02 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:19:33AM +0100, Steve Hosgood wrote:
> maning sambale wrote:
> > 2.  Administrative boundaries clutter the map. They appear like roads
> > and can be confusing while driving.
>
> Agreed - do they have to be there at all?
> I can understand that maybe country boundaries should be present, but
> minor admin boundaries are a PITA.

Could the minor boundaries be displayed on close zoom levels?  They can
be useful when the neighbour of a large city is mostly agricultural.  It's
often nicer to ride a bicycle in rural areas, on minor roads with little
traffic or intersections.

	Marko