logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What does mkgmap do by default

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Sat Apr 11 20:22:28 BST 2009

Hello!

Currently I am getting a little bit confused with all of the development
being done on mkgmap. I have read about making streets searchable and
that it does decrease performance and that there is a parameter to
suppress sorting of streets. But when are features like this executed?
Do they need a parameter to activate them? Or do they need a parameter
to suppress them? I have read about a patch do create a certain type of
shields on the highways. But what if I don't need them or want them to
look differently?

So I wanted to ask what does mkgmap do by default? What can be
activated, what needs to be deactivated?

Or more specifically: I just want to build a huge topological map and
need  good performance for that. I do not need routing and no searchable
streets. So how do I need to call mkgmap?

confused

	Nop