logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] GPS V?

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sat Apr 11 02:35:06 BST 2009

  Something is definitely not ok with that tile. I've seen this behavior
  (only POI's but no roads) before, but I haven't been able to
  understand why that happened. Can you post the tile number
  (73240xxx.img) which shows only POI's and post the download URL?

Here's the download URL (requested ~1509 UTC on April 10), for a single tile:

  http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/02-04-2009/d9635902e70c34d57e89769711a0eeb0

tile is:

  73240299.img

I looked up the bounding box:

  73240299: 1966080,-3362816 to 1990656,-3330048
  #       : 42.187500,-72.158203 to 42.714844,-71.455078

which seems entirely reasonable and covers my town.  -71.5 runs right
through town, almost at the police station at 42.4something, so I was
definitely looking in the right place.  And, when I went too far east
the GPS V said it had no map data (the 'mapsource' designation went away
and it said 'overzoom').

I made two other requests, and had similar trouble with both of them.
Plus the odd behavior where the GPS V claimed not to have maps for the
areas that should have been covered.

Thanks very much for offering the service and for looking into my problems.

(This is really a tiny point, but I first thought the data was from
February: "Based on OpenStreetMap data from: 02-04-2009."  Just now I
realized that's the European date format (or maybe all but US).  It
would help us Yanks not get confused if you used ISO8601 and had dates
like 2009-04-02.)

  Greg

Data about my first two requests:

first request: a few tiles in massachusetts

  http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/02-04-2009/6bb1b65ae8a7dad059f4c07a0c3ea43c
  73240299.img
  73240302.img
  73240303.img
  73240304.img
  73240305.img

second request: a much bigger bounding box

  http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/02-04-2009/aa26343bc4f4aece7c910be92d700e0f
  73240296.img
  73240297.img
  73240298.img