logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Intra-tile routing badness (not inter-tile routing badness)

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Apr 10 21:40:14 BST 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 12:02 AM, Mark Burton wrote:

> It may be the same issue that causes problems with the attached map
> fragment that someone brought to my attention. The road with ref 90 is
> very badly behaved. I tried reducing the max number of points to a
> really low number and it cured some of the oddness but not all.

I'll look at the fragment and see if the problem looks similar to the
one I described.

In the meantime this error is giving me a lot of grief:

- The JOSM routing plugin works fine on the route.
- Validator does not return anything significant.
- The highway where the error occurs is all one segment. Splitting it
does not help.

The only thing that corrects the error is to recreate the highway node
by node. There must be something in the data which JOSM does not
display, which causes the error. I'll try to reduce the osm extract to
a reasonablehe size in order to see if anything is noticeable.

Thanks for your (and everyone else's) help.