logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Feedback r991 map on etrex legend HCx

From leprof06 at yahoo.de leprof06 at yahoo.de on Wed Apr 8 13:10:33 BST 2009

<stefan at binaervarianz.de> wrote:
> - A lot of POIs are named e.g. UnnamedParking or UnnamedATM (These are
> translations from my german names). I don't know where the 'Unnamed'
> string comes from, but it would surely be better to ignore missing  tags
> instead of printing 'unnamed'.

Stefan, you're probably aware of this, but in case someone needs a
workaround...
The Unnamed text is due to the default style. Adding a second point
definition in the style file for Parking, ATM, whatever with some default
text should prevent that, e.g.:
amenity=fuel { name '${name}' | '' }
amenity=fuel [0x2f01 resolution 19]

Detailed information on styles and rules:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/Custom_styles
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules

Cheers,
Chris