logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: Feedback r991 map on etrex legend HCx

From stefan at binaervarianz.de stefan at binaervarianz.de on Wed Apr 8 12:41:38 BST 2009

Zitat von Toby Speight <T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net>:

> I too have a Legend HCx.  I find that roundabout routing is fine[*]
> unless the source data are in error.  If you have a specific example,
> we can check the OSM data for it (or you could easily do so yourself).

The two roundabouts I encountered were here

http://openstreetmap.com/?lat=51.10147&lon=10.67444&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF

and I could have sworn that there was another one here

http://openstreetmap.com/?lat=51.100354&lon=10.627655&zoom=18&layers=B000FTFT

but that last one magically disappeared.

I will look at them myself this afternoon. But for now I have neither
JOSM nor a browser with flash installed at hand.

Just a wild guess: are your 'fine' roundabouts possibly somewhere in GB?

> Stefan> - A lot of POIs are named e.g. UnnamedParking or UnnamedATM
> Stefan>   (These are translations from my german names). I don't know
> Stefan>   where the 'Unnamed' string comes from, but it would surely be
> Stefan>   better to ignore missing tags instead of printing 'unnamed'.
>
> In English, they are similar (but with a space after "Unnamed").  I
> think these things are specified in the TYP file.  I'm of a mind to
> start investigating how TYP files are constructed - but it won't be
> for a week or so, due to other commitments.  I have a suspicion, for
> example, that there's a code there to make metres the native altitude
> unit, obviating the need to convert OSM data to feet.

It's without a space here. The 'have to start looking at the style
files' part goes unchanged for me too.

regards

Stefan