logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cascading multipolygon relations

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Wed Apr 1 17:13:05 BST 2009

Hi!

Gleb Smirnoff schrieb:
>   In the wiki it is suggested to cascade two multipolygon relations in
> a case when we've got area #1 inside area #2 inside area #3:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Relation:multipolygon#Advanced_multipolygons
>
> Looks like mkgmap can't handle this. Should I convert such cases into
> some other form of relation, or should I just wait for mkgmap to support this?

It is my belief that some of the use cases described for multipolygons
are needlessly complicated. I would suggest to break down all relations
to the most simple and readily understandable form possible. Otherwise
we will just have a different interpretation in every renderer (and
different versions thereof) resulting in a chaotic edit war with
continuous changes depending in what renderer you want it to look good.

In short: Yes, break it down.

bye
	Nop