logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Motorway exits and the base map

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Mar 30 12:58:40 BST 2009

Hi Toby,

> Whilst looking at motorway exits on my Legend recently, I noticed
> that in "Find/Exits" the context menu lets you choose which map to
> use for exits (unlike all other searches).  By default, "choose best
> maps" is selected; I don't know how it makes this choice - perhaps
> the map has some sort of resolution/accuracy field somewhere, and
> ours isn't marked as being more accurate than the base map?
>
> I know it's a bit late to add to this old discussion, but perhaps it
> might help.

Yes, how does it decide which is the "best map" as far as exits are
concerned? It's a mystery to me. I could understand it using the
basemap exits if the OSM exits were not usable at all but when you tell
the gps to use the OSM map for exit finding, it can show them. Grrr!

Cheers,

Mark