logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Oneway=no vs. motorway_link routing

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Mon Mar 23 14:28:53 GMT 2009

Hi,

I tried a route along this motorway exit:

http://data.giub.uni-bonn.de/openrouteservice/index.php?start=10.0073556,49.7406141&end=9.9884299,49.7443303&pref=Fastest&lang=en

on my etrex and in mapsource. Both avoided the exit.

The part of the motorway_link which is common for both directions has
"oneway_no". The routing on openroutservice shows this, too.

My rule for the line type is:

highway=motorway_link {add oneway=yes; add bicycle=no; add foot=no}  [0x09
road_class=4 road_speed=3 level 4]

The "add oneway=yes" should only make it oneway if it is NOT "oneway=no", right?

If I look at the line in GPSMapEdit it says "Polyline has direction".

Does this mean that line type 0x09 is always oneway for Garmin or is the tag
setting in mkgmap buggy? I used r973.

BTW: GPSMapEdit always shows "Polyline has direction" but not "One way" in
the "routing" tab, even for residential one-ways. Is that correct?

I am sure this type of motorway exit worked before I switched to type 0x09
(the reason was better routing instructions).