logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Some questions about POI's addresses

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Sun Mar 22 10:52:24 GMT 2009

I hadn't tested POI's addresses support since it was added to trunk till
now (nuvi 300). After reading most messages about this matter in the
list (still not all, so apologize if I ask something that has already
been answered) I still have not clear how it works. Here are my doubts,
questions, comments.
*First I've noticed is that pois having is_in:region tag don't show
region in nuvi. If region is taken from is_in rather that is_in:region
it's a problem for countries like Spain, where information in this tag
is completely erratic, i.e. you can find city, region, country,
continent values in any order, some of them missing, separated by , or
by ; etc. This way I can't find a way to set the region with
regionOffset parameter in LocatorConfig.xml
*About poiDispFlag in LocatorConfig.xml: -> Address display format:
Default is 0 - How does it display?

                                                  0xc show street before
street number - ¿and? - show zip before city
*If I use template.args generated by splitter as -c argument for mkgmap,
all pois (except road_name_pois) are duplicated; for those without
address information in osm data one of the pois have "Fix my address"
and city added and the other one not.
This is my mkgmap command: java -Xmx500m -enableassertions -jar
mkgmap.jar -c template.args --route --latin1 --code-page=1252
--description="OpenStreetMap-Iberia" --gmapsupp --country-name=ESPAÑA
--country-abbr=ESP --name-tag-list=ref,name --family-name="Open Street
Map" --family-id=14 --product-id=314 --net --road-name-pois
--ignore-osm-bounds --preserve-element-order --add-pois-to-areas
--location-autofill=1 6*.osm.gz
I'm using a customized LocatorConfig.xml that includes Spain (I'll send
a patch after clarifying poiDispFlag).
Regards
Carlos