logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] map features and detail levels

From Paul Ortyl ortylp at googlemail.com on Sat Mar 21 21:09:02 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have noticed unusual behaviour of some POIs.  I cannot understand
why some types are shown even at low detail level where others are
not.
An example:
point|tourism|picnic_site|0x4a|0x00|20
point|tourism|information|0x4c|0x00|20
point|amenity|toilets|0x4e|0x00|20
are visible in MapSource even as all other POIs with resolution at 20
or slightly less are no more there.

Does MapSource treat these three types specially?  That is resolution
20 for these types means something else as for other types?
I have double-checked (grep -r) for "picnic_site" in my garmin related
directories, and the only definition of this feature sets the
resolution to 20.

Any ideas?

Paul

--
Don't take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive.
                                        -- Elbert Hubbard