logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exits warnings 3

From Paul Ortyl ortylp at 3miasto.net.pl on Sat Mar 21 13:48:17 GMT 2009

2009/3/21 Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es>:
> Mark Burton escribió:
>> Hi Carlos,
>>

>>> After support for exits was committed to trunk, no more warnings appear
>>> while generating maps, and I'm afraid all previous errors have not been
>>> magically fixed ;-) .  Where have they gone?
>>>

>> Well, I noticed that Steve had demoted some of my error reports to
>> warnings because they didn't actually stop the map being created so I
>> thought I would save him the effort with the exit errors and made them
>> warnings before I committed the code. If you set your log level to show
>> warnings, you should see the messages again.
> I suppose there must be an obvious way to set log level, but I didn't
> find it :-[ .
> I find those warning messages really useful to find and fix error in osm
> data and think they can be as useful for others, so IMHO they should
> appear by default when map is generated. What others think?

I think that it would be really useful if there was an option for
writing all warnings about errors in OSM data to text (or maybe xml)
file including an easy to understand error description and an URL to
OSM API (to be used, for example, by josm).  It would make the
inspection and correction of the OSM data most straightforward.

Paul

--
Don't take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive.
                                        -- Elbert Hubbard