logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exits warnings 2

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Mar 17 23:39:16 GMT 2009

Hi Carlos,

> While generating a map I get the following error:
> GRAVE (StyledConverter): Motorway exit E.S. Vía de la Plata (OSM id
> 361586448) located at 39,88299/-6,27618 has no motorway! (either make
> the exit share a node with the motorway or specify the motorway ref with
> a exit:road_ref tag)
> But mentioned node is not a motorway exit but a highway=services. Is
> that behaviour expected?

Yes, it is possible - the message is confusing because it calls
the thing an exit when it's actually a services. The problem stems from
the fact that an exit in garmin-speak doesn't just mean a simple
junction, it can also signify a place where you can buy fuel, food,
etc.

So services and motorway_junction nodes are both considered to be exits
and are given an appropriate code in the points file. If you don't want
the service to be treated like that you can comment out these lines in
the points file or change the code to something other than an "exit"
code.

highway=services { name '${ref} ${name}' | '${ref}' | '${name}' }
highway=services [0x210f resolution 16]

If you want to keep the services as an exit, to suppress the warning
you need to follow its advice!

Cheers,

Mark