logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter tile routing problems

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed Mar 11 13:46:50 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Toby Speight
<T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net> wrote:
> In general, it might not help anyway.  Consider a route that goes
> due north/south, close to the tile boundary.  If it weaves slightly
> east/west and back a few times, it will cross tiles quite a lot -
> even more so if all the tiles are aligned.

A naive question: could some of the inter-tile routing problems be
caused by the lack of an overview map?

Could it be that Garmin falls back to the larger routes defined in the
overview map for longer distances, thus avoiding the intervening tiles
completely?

This is pure speculation; I have no evidence to support this. But
could this make sense?

Cheers.